On Tuesday, May 10, 2022, the Faith Church Council met in person to conduct the monthly business of the church and share information. We were blessed to still have Deacon Nina with us for one more meeting before her maternity leave begins.
We opened with a story from Bob Goff: Becoming Love. Our scripture was Romans 7:14b-15a The trouble is with me, for I am all to human, a slave to sin. I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it.
We tasked ourselves with the reminder of being love, and filling our buckets and buckets of those around us, the people we encounter each day, being mindful of finding that love and joy each day, amidst the sadness that seems to be covering our world.
Our prayers were for those in our lives who needed to be uplifted and also those in the congregation.
Discussion points included:
- Easter and Lent: People were so happy to be in church in person. Plants and Easter gifts were delivered to 54 shut-ins, and neat things have been received back.
- Liberating Structures: continues to be a place where Faith is working to move forward with our next steps, which includes possible stewardship goals for 2023 which council will begin to brainstorm.
- Appreciation Lunch for Staff was held on May 10th as a thank you for all the hard work staff does at Faith.
- Synod Assembly was held May 13-14: St. Andrews in Mahtomedi; Joe and Jennifer attended.
- Circle of Welcome Congregation, we are nearing the 6 month mark, and await hearing what will be the next step for us.
The Council is so thankful for all the people and the energy from such amazing volunteers that keep doing all they do for Faith. The sanctuary for Easter was stunning and continues to be as we are reminded of God’s unending love for us. As we move into a bit of our summer mode, there will be a continued buzz going on with VBS, Faith Feeds Our Neighbor and more to come, so stay tuned!
Christine Davis, Council Secretary