Hi I'm Renee Waddell a new member of the Faith Lutheran Church Council. I’ve been a member of Faith for almost 40 years and this is my second time on council. Some of the things that I love to help with at church are watching the toddlers during the Mothers of Preschoolers meetings and also enjoy working on decorations for Easter, Father Daughter Ball and Christmas as well as other opportunities at Faith.
We met on Tuesday, May 14th for our regular Council meeting . Here are some positive things for the Month of April and part of May.
- Mission Engagement Sunday was hosted on May 5th. Worship was a combined service led by the youth. Prior to worship and following worship, the stewardship team hosted intentional conversations about our mission statement: Led by the Spirit to Share God’s Grace. Over 160 people participated and our kitchen team, featuring Barb Carey, Ann Sargeant, Judy Buda, Cathy Morehouse, and Joann Parsons prepared a delicious Cinco de Mayo inspired fiesta meal!
- May 12th we had guest speaker Horacio Castillo and he gave a great message of loving thy neighbor.
- We have distributed our new lawn signs. Love thy neighbor ( no exceptions) with our new logo.
- Holy week went well with the new Easter schedule working very well, logistically, but also creating a nice energy all morning. There was overflow at the 9:45 service, but the feedback was positive that the people sitting there had a worshipful experience and had their own communion station in the chapel. Decorations for Holy week were the inspiration of Ann Sargeant and Bill Somrock and I was able to help work on that.
- Deacon Nina participated in the National Day of Prayer.
- The interview with Nate Bergengren, the new 10:30 Worship Leader and Small Groups leader, went really well and he will be starting in June. Council and Faith musicians will be meeting him at our next meeting. Welcome Nate!
I am always learning more about the workings of the church and look forward to the next few years on council.