Prayer is part of being a Faithful Disciple. Prayer is that vital communication with the very source of our lives. Prayer is an act of Stewardship. In prayer, we give a portion of God’s gift of time back to Him.
Out of every day given to us, we have on average 16 hours of awake time. If we use the Biblical “tithe” as our stewardship goal, a little over 1 ½ hours is God’s share. Use some of that time during your awake time for
prayer, for study, and for meditation.
Do you have trouble with prayer? Don’t know what to include, don’t know what to say. Open your hearts to the presence of God’s Holy Spirit.
Jesus promises the Holy Spirit in John 14:16, “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever.”
The Apostle Paul reminds us in Romans 8:26, “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us.”
When it comes to Prayer, your conversations with God and Jesus can include:
- Adoration – Praise, bless Jesus as Lord. Praise, honoring God
- Confession – Saying “I’m sorry, seeking God’s mercy. Admitting we our need for God.
- Thanksgiving – Saying thanks, counting blessings, thanks for Jesus presence in our lives.
- Supplication – Praying for others, asking for God’s help.
Prayer opportunities at Faith Lutheran include:
- Intercessory Pray Group. Pray for our members and friends who are ill, facing surgery, coming to the end of their earthly journey, or other life transitions. Prayers are offered for the entire membership alphabetically in family groups of 5-6. During the school year the Confirmation students request prayers for the multitude of issues that face young people. You are invited to be part of this intentional ministry.
- The Prayer Chain is a group of people who communicate via email. Request or offer a prayer, join the group. Get started by sending an email to Brian and Jennifer Tolzmann at
- During the 9am worship service, prayer cards in the pew racks can be used to request or offer a prayer. Ushers will collect the cards.
- Those who attend the 10:30 worship service are invited to verbally offer prayer petitions which become part of the Prayer of the Church.
- Pray for God’s work here at Faith Lutheran Church. To reach young families, to provide education for all ages, to experience relevant worship and to reach out to the community.